Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Getting Started in the Library
Sacred Heart University's Ryan-Matura Library is located on the Fairfield campus, but we do have many services and professional staff available to you.
Go to http://library.sacredheart.edu - this is your portal to the library's electronic and subscription resources. If you are outside of the main Fairfield campus, you will need to login with your SHU ID & Password in order to use most library resources & databases.
You can access the online catalog (which displays the books & journals that the Library owns & subscribes to), view a list and links for general, multidisciplinary, & subject-specific databases, and contact a librarian directly from the library's main web page (via email or text).
What can you do from the library website?
- Search the library catalog (books, multimedia, & journals that we own)
- Search article or specialized research databases
- Get help with citations and access EasyBib (full Academic version, this is an online citation manager available to SHU students & faculty)
- View online research guides, many of which are specifically devoted to your classes or majors (LibGuides)
- Submit an online form for special help with your research
- Place an interlibrary loan request
- Renew your books
- Ask a librarian a question (can receive answers via text or email)
- Access online reference sources (yes, those huge sets of print encyclopedias are now online!)
- Check out our Digital Commons, a digital forum for papers published by the SHU Community
Contact the Library
If you need immediate help, Reference Librarians are on duty during most library open hours (Eastern Standard Time) to help you locate library materials or assist you with your research.
1. Email us* at email@example.com.
2. Text us* at 203-490-4500.
3. Submit a question* via Ask a Librarian (LibAnswers).
4. Call the Reference Desk at (203) 371-7726.
*For email, text, or Ask a Librarian, you can expect an answer within a few hours (or sooner) during the library's open hours - check library hours.