Welcome to Sacred Heart University Library's Guide to Research in English! Our focus in producing this guide is to assist English program students and faculty with their information needs and to support the six learning outcomes for English majors, emphasized by the English Department:
- Students will recognize major British and American writers and their works.
- Students will understand the social and historical context of British and American Literature.
- Students will display an aesthetic appreciation of literature.
- Students will attain advanced critical reading, thinking, writing, and speaking abilities.
- Students will demonstrate a basic understanding of literary and critical theory.
- Students will be well-prepared for graduate study in literature, and for careers that emphasize writing and oral communication skills.
Use the tabs above or the "Guide Contents" list to the left to navigate resources available from the library.