Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Save and Update Your Favorite Searches!
Saving your search & automatic e-mail updates:
- 1 Sign in to My NCBI.
- 2 Run or preview your search. You may use History numbers in your search, however, PubMed processes from left to right so order your search statement numbers with this in mind, or use parentheses for nesting.
- 3 Click the Save Search link next to the search box Go button.
- 4 You may edit the name of the search. The maximum number of characters for the search name is 100. The name of the saved search will be included in the Subject of the automatic e-mail update messages.
- 5 Click Save.
- 6 Fill in the Save Search Settings form if you would like to receive automatic e-mail updates of new search results.
- 7 Click the set an e-mail address link if you have not already saved one. This address will be used for all e-mail updates for the account.
- 8 Select the frequency of your updates. E-mailed updates will be sent daily on the scheduled days starting from the appropriate day after the schedule is set.
- 9 Set the Format to HTML or Text.
- 10 You may also change the report format, number of items to be sent, or add additional text (up to 200 characters) to the automatic updates.
- 11 Click Save.
- 12 To change or create a schedule for a saved search select My Saved Data, click the Saved Searches Manage link, and then click Edit for the saved search.
Set Up Your Own My NCBI Account
My NCBI tutorial
Video tutorial that explain how you can save searches and create email alerts using My NCBI.
My NCBI Account Registration
My NCBI saves searches and results and features an option to automatically update and e-mail search results from your saved searches. My NCBI includes additional features for highlighting search terms, storing an e-mail address, filtering search results