Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
All Study Rooms Must Be Booked Online
You MUST be a currently registered student at Sacred Heart University to use the space, as they are dedicated solely for the purpose of student group study.
A MINIMUM of two (2) students is required to sign out a room as a group. At least two (2) of those students must be present to enter the room. A current SHU ID will be required to be left with the Circulation Staff.
Each GROUP may request a room for a maximum of three (3) hours PER DAY. Time blocks are broken into half hour increments.
- These rooms are for groups only. A group is defined for study room purposes as being 2 or more current SHU students.
- The room MUST be vacated when the group’s allotted time is over.
- If you arrive late, (15 minutes or longer past the time you have the room signed out for), the roommay be given to the next group waiting.
- If you leave the room and take your items and ID with you, the room will be deemed VACATEDand will be given to another group.
- If the person who signed out the room leaves early, another member of the group must swap out their SHU card.
- Only certain items will be available for check out to use in room, students must provide all other equipment and supplies.
- The noise level must be kept to a minimum since these rooms are not totally enclosed.
- Inappropriate behavior, as elsewhere in the library, will be cause for removal from the room and possibly barred from future use.
- Neither the Library nor the University will be held responsible for unattended, lost, stolen or damaged personal items. This included the loss of content from the students' computer files.
- Unattended personal property may not be used to “hold” a room by any group.
If you have any questions about group study room reservations, please contact the Circulation Desk at 203-371-7702.
Group study rooms located on the main level. Please go to the Circulation desk to check out one of these rooms.