Group Study Rooms
The newly renovated first floor of the library has eight (8) new group study rooms. These rooms may be reserved in-person at the Circulation Desk; you will need to fill out a sign up sheet and leave your student ID with the Circulation staff.
A group is defined as 2 or more current SHU students. Rooms can be reserved for a 90 minutes session and there is a 2 consecutive session maximum. All are available on a first come, first serve basis.
You MUST be a registered student at Sacred Heart University to use the space, as they are dedicated solely for the purpose of student group study.
- These rooms are for groups only. A group is defined for study room purposes as being 2 or more current SHU students.
- The room MUST be vacated when the group’s allotted time is over.
- If you arrive late, (15 minutes or longer past the time you have the room signed out for), the room may be given to the next group waiting.
- If you leave the room and take your items and ID with you, the room will be deemed VACATED and will be given to another group.
- If the person who signed out the room leaves early, another member of the group must amend the request form and leave their ID card.
- Only certain items will be available for check out to use in room, students must provide all other equipment and supplies.
- The noise level must be kept to a minimum since these rooms are not totally enclosed.
- Inappropriate behavior, as elsewhere in the library, will be cause for removal from the room and possibly barred from future use.
- The Library will not be responsible for loss of content from the students' computer files.
If you have any questions about group study room reservations, please contact the Circulation Desk at 203-371-7702.