Group Study Rooms
Group Study Rooms
All Study Rooms Must Be Booked Online
You MUST be a currently registered student at Sacred Heart University to use the space, as they are dedicated solely for the purpose of student group study.
A MINIMUM of two (2) students is required to sign out a room as a group. At least two (2) of those students must be present to enter the room. A current SHU ID will be required to be left with the Circulation Staff.
Each GROUP may request a room for a maximum of three (3) hours PER DAY. Time blocks are broken into half hour increments.
- These rooms are for groups only. A group is defined for study room purposes as being 2 or more current SHU students.
- The room MUST be vacated when the group’s allotted time is over.
- If you arrive late, (15 minutes or longer past the time you have the room signed out for), the room may be given to the next group waiting.
- If you leave the room and take your items and ID with you, the room will be deemed VACATED and will be given to another group.
- If the person who signed out the room leaves early, another member of the group must swap out their SHU card.
- Only certain items will be available for check out to use in room, students must provide all other equipment and supplies.
- The noise level must be kept to a minimum since these rooms are not totally enclosed.
- Inappropriate behavior, as elsewhere in the library, will be cause for removal from the room and possibly barred from future use.
- Neither the Library nor the University will be held responsible for unattended, lost, stolen or damaged personal items. This included the loss of content from the students' computer files.
- Unattended personal property may not be used to “hold” a room by any group.
If you have any questions about group study room reservations, please contact the Circulation Desk at 203-371-7702.
Regular Fall Hours
Hours: Aug 31 - Dec 3
8:15 AM - 9:00 PM
8:30 AM - 9:00 PM
8:30 - 1:00 PM
2:00 PM - 3:00 AM
2:00 PM - 11:00 PM